Welcome Brochure for Staff Members
Part One: Integration at CERN
- Where is CERN?
- How do you get to CERN?
- Arriving by train
- Arriving by plane
- Arriving by car
- Reimbursement of your journey to CERN
- What should you do on your first day at work?
- What are the arrival formalities?
- Do you need any special
- Documents required by the Swiss authorities
- Documents required by the French authorities
- Do you need to undergo a medical examination?
- Arrival in your department
- What are CERN’s working hours?
- What are CERN’s official holidays?
- Safety in the workplace at CERN
- Training, an important asset
- CERN induction course
- Financial benefits
- Family benefits
- Social insurance cover
- Intellectual property
- Immunities, privileges and protection
- The Staff Association
- What is the social cover at CERN?
- The CERN Health Insurance Scheme (CHIS)
- Procedure for exemption LAMal
- What is the extent of cover provided?
- How do I get medical costs reimbursed?
- What should I do in the event of hospitalization?
- Where can I get further information?
- What maternity benefits does CERN grant?
- Medical Services and Hospitals
- Am I insured against loss of salary?
- How does the CERN Pension Fund operate?
- What unemployment benefit does CERN pay?
- Family allowance, dependent child allowance and infant allowance
- International indemnity
- Reimbursement of education fees
- What administrative and other formalities do you have to complete in your current place of residence?
- What documents should you bring with you?
- What are the important things that you should know before leaving?
- The cost of living.
- Work and residence permits for your family.
- School systems.
- Education in Switzerland.
- Education in France.
- Crèches, day centres and nurseries.
- Town or country?
- Public transport
- The CERN Housing Service.
- What initial possibilities does the
service offer to newcomers to CERN?
- How long can you stay in the Housing Service-run premises?
- How can the Housing Service be contacted?
- Removal Costs.
- What are the formalities for importing
personal effects and furniture?
- Customs duties and formalities in Switzerland.
- Customs duties and formalities in France (for people arriving from countries outside the European Union)
- What are the formalities for importing and registering a car?
- Will I need to change my driving licence?
- What you need to know to help you integrate.
- Individual advice on social security.
- Relations with the Host States Service.